Even those who have been to the coastal resorts of Turkey several times rarely know about the tiny village of Ekincik, located 10 km from Dalyan and the Iztuzu turtle beach. The wonderful ecology and scenic landscapes make it an ideal place for ultimate relaxation. Completing the picture with a superb beach, its velvety sand and a gentle entrance into the water, protected by a powerful breakwater on one side, we will have a miniature of Paradise on earth.
The format of holidays here would have its own specific features. Most hotels in Ekincik are compact eco-hotels with small number of rooms, though atmospheric and well decorated. Finding a room with a view would not be difficult because most of the rooms have it. Given there are few shops in the village, while restaurants and cafes are open only during the active season, most hotels function on the full-board basis.
It is also possible to book a villa and cook for yourself. Just imagine how you wake up with the first rays of the gentle southern sun, to the singing of birds; go out to the balcony and inhale the purest air, rich with a sweet aroma of conifers and salty notes of the sea; have breakfast in silence; walk barefoot down the desolate beach and plunge into the warm water of the sea…
WHAT TO DO IN EKINCIK
- The main reason to come here is to indulge in a wonderful nature.
- A serene beach holiday, without crowds around and the sea bubbling with swimmers, to observe crabs hunting quietly in shallow waters.
- Head to the ruins of the ancient city of Caunos (Kaunos) up the mountain serpentine, tasting simple country food en-route.
- Take a boat ride to the Iztuzu beach or watch loggerhead sea turtles Caretta Caretta in Ekincik
- Trek in local mountains.
- Arriving at the Ekincik bay by boat would grant you access to the fashionable restaurant “for the chosen ones”, restricted for visitors from the landside (with a sign “Private territory”).
- Take a public minibus tour of the Koycegiz town and the shore of the Koycegiz lake.
- Visit Marmaris or old Mugla.